Today is a great combination, not only is a Food Friday I will also be announcing the contest winner at the end of this post! So first the food. While on this clean eating challenge I have been attempting to reduce the amount of wheat I ingest, also when it comes to quiche I have little to no patience for making my own crust so when I saw this on Pinterest, I couldn’t resist trying it out for myself. I loosely followed the directions so if you would like the original recipe click on the link.
Gluten Free Quiche:
1 small-medium Spaghetti Squash
1 small bunch of Asparagus (about 6 stems)
1/4 Yellow Onion
1 cup chopped, cooked, shelled and deveined Shrimp
Fresh cracked Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk (rice, almond and dairy are fine too)
1/4 cup Organic Goat Cheese Feta
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half (horizontally) and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Discard the seeds. Place squash cut side down on a cookie sheet, and put in the oven for approximately 50-60 minutes, until it has some give when you push on it. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While the squash is cooling in a medium bowl mix eggs, salt and pepper and soy milk and set aside.
- In a small frying pan cook the asparagus and onion for about 7 minutes, the onion will become translucent and the asparagus will become a deep green.
- Now that all the ingredients are ready to go, take a fork and scrape the inside of the squash to remove the meat. Transfer squash into a 9inch pie pan and press it down. As you are applying pressure you will see the squash strands start to mash into each other, don’t be afraid to use a good amount of pressure.
- Once you are satisfied with your “crust”, place cooked asparagus and onion, shrimp and egg mixture into the shell, make sure everything is well coated. Then top it off with the feta.
- Place pie in oven (at 350) for another 30-40 minutes. It is ready when the middle is no longer liquide and you can shake it without it moving.
- Cut and serve
Now for what you have all been waiting for….The Giveaway!!!
The winner of the amazing Tosca Reno Eat Clean package. I truly wish I could have entered my own contest for this one. The winner of the giveaway will win an Eat-Clean Diet and Raw Elements Inc sponsored goody bag which includes Tosca Reno’s favorite Sunwarrior supplements, a special recipe from Tosca and two titles from Tosca Reno’s best selling Eat-Clean Diet series!
The 11th entrant was Liv with the following comment:
I miss deli meats. There. I said it. But I do love making sandwiches starring avocado now
Congrats Liv, if you could please contact me with your mailing address we will get your gift bag shipped out to you as quickly as possible. Also congrats on moving away from deli meats and finding a healthy substitute. I hope you are starting to notice a plethora of healthy positive benefits to eating clean, and that this gift bag will help you on that path.
I have also hand picked two winners to win a Gingersneezes water bottle. These winners are Wendy B and staubin357egan. If you could both contact me with your addresses I will send out your water bottles asap.
My favorite clean eating treat would be organic fruits like grapes and strawberries. I miss processed foods like cookies and cheetos.
Brittany! What an amazing challenge! My fav “Clean Eating” treat is to take frozen bananas and raspberries and grind them up in a food processor until it’s smooth. It is THE most delicious thing ever
Thank you to everyone that entered. It was great to hear about what you are eating and how you satisfy your snacking, I really liked some of your tasty ideas.
*Winners have 5 days to contact me with their addresses. Unfortunately if I don’t hear from you within 5 days I will have to reselect a winner. jus click on the link and fire off an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Friday everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!