So I have now started this blog post four times over. I started writing about how I am dealing with my recent injuries (some self inflicted and some injury based) and what I had been doing lately as a result of said injuries. Except that every time I read it over I realized that really I was just whining for 500 words and there ended up being a lot of “select – delete” happening so I figured how about I take a different approach.
So instead of complaining about how bummed out I am, how bored I am or how frustrated I am I figured I would write something a bit more uplifting and try and force myself to look at all of this with a positive light. So I figured I would make a list, as that is normally how I would explain something to myself any ways..yes I know weird but sometimes for ideas to sink into my stubborn head I have to “explain them to myself”.
So the positive that has come out of my body being held hostage to pain:
- I am lucky enough to have a body that is normally mobile, healthy and pain free.
- I got to, seriously, learn what it means to do nothing and recover – even if this is the most boring and frustrating lesson of life.
- I got to spend a lot of time with my kittens and they are hella cute.
- I had the opportunity to cruise the internet and find a million new gluten free, nut free, dairy free recipes. Basically my meal prep for the next month is taken care of.
- I am learning to respect my body, not just expect from my body.
- It made me write this list.
Often times when things aren’t going your way it can be extremely difficult to stop and take stock of all the good around you. Sometimes it can even be difficult to be grateful for all the strength and flexibility you once had (and will hopefully have again if you take care). So it was actually a good exercise for me to sit here and think up some of the positive and some of the things I am grateful for and to have been apart of.
What are you grateful for today? Take a second and write it down somewhere, you might need to stop and look back on it one day when everything seems to be going every way but yours.
Happy Thursday Everyone.