I hope everyone is having a great day, it looks like the weather is working with us for the upcoming long weekend and I couldn’t be more excited. I am not going anywhere for the long weekend, but it will be nice to have several consecutive days off and I am co-hosting a tea party so that should be pretty nice, I will be sure to snap a lot of photos for my weekend update on Monday.
Now for what Fridays are all about, sharing tasty tasty foods. The other day I had an over load of bananas at home and I have been experimenting with various protein pancake combos so I figured this might just be a completely delicious mash up, and it was! It really turned out to be so delicious. So here it is:
PB Banana Protein Pancakes:
1 cup Oat Flour
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tsp Organic Peanut Butter
1/2 cup – 1 cup Water
- In a small bowl combine oat flour and protein powder.
- In a separate medium size bowl, mash up ripe banana until smooth. Add in egg and peanut butter and stir.
- Once combined add dry ingredients to the wet and stir. Mixture will become thick and hard to stir, begin adding water, and stir until you have reached a runny consistency. I have made these twice and the amount of water I used was a bit different each time. When adding water just make sure it doesn’t become soupy, but it is still runny enough to pass a fork through without much resistance.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop out the mixture and place in a heated frying pan. When the pancake begins to bubble it is ready to be flipped. It should take about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot or package them for later, they go great with the jam that was mentioned last week.
These have made great breakfasts or a quick post work snack. I hope you enjoy them as much as I am.
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend!
If you haven’t already don’t forget to sign up for the Gingersneezes Giveaway it ends next Thursday!