I have been on a ridiculous salad kick for the past week or so, making sure to get at least one salad in a day. This is a little unlike me, although I am extremely fond of vegetables I am not huge on giant leafy bowls of leaves, and normally I am really not a fan of arugula. But lately I have found this spinach and arugula mix that is just heavenly, I have even been putting a handful or two in my morning smoothies.
So keeping on the salad train I figured I would make a salad with steak as the centre piece, and then decided “heck why not make it surf and turf style” and threw in some shrimp. This salad was so easy to throw together and I only marinated the steak for about 20 minutes.
250grams Sliced Steak (use a lean cut)
8-10 Medium sized Shrimp
2 tbsp Braggs or Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
2 tsp diced Garlic
4 cups Spinach and Arugula salad mix
1/4 Cucumber diced
1/2 Red Pepper diced
1/2 cup 3 bean salad mix
3 Green Onions diced
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- In a bowl mix Braggs, Sesame Oil and Garlic together. Add steak and mix until completely coated. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes, stirring 2-3 times.
- Divide mixed greens, cucumber, pepper, beans and onions on two plates. Top with shrimp (4-5 on each plate).
- In a container with a lid (mason jars work great) mix oil, vinegar and dijon mustard, shake well and set aside.
- Preheat a medium sized skillet. Once heated to about medium high heat, place marinating steak and cook through to your liking.
- Top salad with cooked steak and salad dressing. Serve immediately.
I hope you all enjoy the salad! Let me know what your favorite combinations are, being on this salad kick I have been searching for new and tasty salad combinations.
Have a happy Friday everyone, and I hope you all have a great weekend.