Earlier this week I tried to make some Gingersneezes gluten free, refined sugar free cookies, after them turning into more of a holiday fail cookie and being thoroughly disappointed in my attempt I decided that I would try my hand at another protein bar recipe with a holiday twist. They unlike the holiday Gingersneezes cookie turn out fabulous!
Gingerbread Protein Bars
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
3 tsp Ginger
½ tsp Nutmeg
¼ cup ground chia seed.
½ cup unsweetened Organic Apple Sauce
¼ cup Dark Old Fashioned Molasses
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 11×7 casserole dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, protein, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and chia seeds.
- In a medium bowl combine egg, apple sauce, molasses and vanilla, stir together.
- Fold liquid mixture into the oats. Stir until all the oats are completely covered in the molasses mixture.
- Transfer mixture into the casserole dish; ensure oats are spread evenly in the dish.
- Place in oven for 25-30minutes until they begin to harden, be careful not to overcook or the bars will become very hard.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15minutes, cut into bars before the dish has completely cooled, and ENJOY.
This snack is perfect to take with you as a post gym snack especially if you are pumping some iron these little guys are packed with protein. They are also great as a grab and go breakfast.
Hope everyone is having a great Friday!