Let’s get into it, the most important meal of the day, BREAKFAST! Now I am a huge fan of breakfast, mostly because if I don’t eat it I feel like throwing up and passing out, but also because there are so many delicious options out there to choose from. From a quick protein shake in the morning because I am running out of time to get ready, to an egg sandwich and oatmeal when I have a bit more time. With the winter months coming (they have already arrived for some) I wanted to make a nice hardy style meal that would be easy to grab and go when you are in a hurry.
So here it is:
Peanut Butter Blueberry Protein Oat Bars
Makes 6 servings
3 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 cups Plain Rice or Soy Milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
2 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 tsp Chia Seeds
1/2 cup Blue Berries
2 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup or agave
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine old-fashioned oats, cinnamon and gluten free flour.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and add plain rice milk, vanilla, natural peanut butter, chocolate protein powder, chia seeds, blue berries.
- Add to the oats, pour mixture into dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup or agave.
Happy Friday Everyone!!! Have a wonderful weekend.