In the spirit of our annual feast, and seeing my American friends are having Thanksgiving this week. I asked a dear friend of mine if she and her husband would be willing to share their delicious stuffing recipe. Every year for the feast the two of them make a ridiculous amount of stuffing for everyone in attendance. It is definitely one of the dishes that everyone looks forward to year after year. I hope some of you have a chance to try it out this year.
Here are some shots of them putting some elbow grease into the making of the stuffing.
Yummy Stuffing – Courtesy of the Knowles’
1 loaf dried bread
1 pkg sausage
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup butter
1.5 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp sage
Salt and pepper
Chicken stock or Veggie Stock
- The night before layout the bread so that it can dry out
- Cut up the bread into small pieces, set aside
- Take the sausage out of the casing, and fry it up in a pan breaking it down into tiny pieces. Remove from pan
- Fry up the onion, celery and butter until soft. Add the seasonings
- Mis together the bread, sausage, and onion/celery mixture. Add some chicken stock until the mixture is just moistened (you don’t want it to be soggy).
- Bake in a casserole dish for 45 minutes at 350F, mixing it once or twice (adjust cooking time based on depth of pan), should be a nice mix of crispy and soft.
This year for our Feast eight loaves of bread were used! I think it was a new record!
Thanks again so much for sharing!!!
Happy Wednesday! We are halfway there!